Thursday, July 31, 2014

playing catch-up! (cont'd)

re: Around the House
On the 4th of July (actually in the few days prior), I made whoopie pies -- i even got my great-grandmother's filling recipe from my mother! They turned out well & were a big hit :) Well worth all the "trouble."
Also, I finally finished the nursery & Ducky has been happily spending his naps & nights in his new(ly completed) room.

re: Serving Others
Nothing to report here, other than -- now that Ducky has weaned -- I'll be on the lookout for opportunities to donate blood. Also, Bug was digging through my basket of his birth paraphernalia & it has lit the fire under my tush to hurry up & update the baby book information before it gets ruined by sitting in a basket for too long!

re: Other
Potty training is still coming along... I imagine Bug will be diaper- & pull-up-free (except for bedtime) by his 3rd birthday. I've also been making an effort to read my Bible more often (on my phone, with a tracking app), so I guess I could mark that one as being "in progress," too. :)

15/101


festive whoopie pie cookies

The final product :) Yum-o!

Bug enjoying a whoopie pie

Nursery Redux

No comments:

Post a Comment